Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer Camp - Part 2

A friend left a comment on my post about the children’s summer camp, Camp Aranu'tiq and how there is also an adult summer camp for LGBT people called ‘Camp’ Camp in southern Maine. It piqued my interest and I looked it up on the web.

According to their web-site…
Since 1997, ‘Camp’ Camp has offered a fun and distinctive vacation for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community. Camp is structured just like the sleep-away summer camp that you remember from when you were young(er), with a full program of great outdoor, athletic, and arts & crafts activities and a variety of entertaining evening social events. Located in scenic southwestern Maine, ‘Camp’ Camp is the perfect alternative vacation for adventurous members of the GLBT community looking for a unique vacation option beyond the usual gay cruise or resort. It's a gay camp for adults! ...What could be better than that?
As I wrote in my other blog post, I am not a fan of organized activities; however, ‘Camp’ Camp does seem to offer a number of activities that I possibly might enjoy. They offer canoeing, kayaking and hiking and they also offer some non-physical activities such as cooking, digital photography and pottery.

My friend also mentioned that it was kind of on the expensive side, so I looked up how much they were charging for the week and it was $1150, and I thought, “umm…yeah, that is a little expensive.” But then I thought, that includes room and board, and if you compare it to a week at Fantasia Fair it is about half of what you would spend at the Fair for the week.

So if you are a happy camper, you might consider ‘Camp’ Camp as an alternative to an exclusively trans event.

No comments:

Post a Comment