Sunday, October 26, 2008

Its 3AM

It is pouring outside with gale force winds, the rain is running off the roof and pounding on my window. I ate too much at dinner and I have an upset stomach and I just woke up from a bad dream about my mother being attacked by bee (She passed away over four years ago.). Its one of those nights…
I had a good time at the conference; my workshop went very well and from the comments on the evaluation forms everyone got something out of my talk and I was invited to submit my presentation to a national conference. I went to a couple of workshops and attended the luncheon Keynote talks. They had some excellent talks during lunch, on Thursday they had a panel discussion with a number of activists and one of the panelist, Dr. Whittle came from England. Another panelist was a friend, Ethan St. Pierre who recorded the discussion for his radio show. Friday, they had the Mara Keisling, the Director of the National Center for Transgender Equality (NTCE), after the talk we adjourned and met for an informal three-hour group discussion, there were only six attendees, including myself. Also at that discussion was Vanessa Edwards, the Director of the National Transgender Advocacy Coalition (NTAC).
On Saturday, the luncheon speaker was Jennifer Boylan an author and trans-activist whose book was on Oprah Winfred reading list she was on her show twice. Then at night they had the Awards Banquet, where I ate too much.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you in P-Town!
    I hope your tummy feels better.

    sending love to you,

    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, you look gorgeous here! I love your dress!

    I'm sorry you were having one of those nights of trying to sleep and hope your tummy is better now.

    ReplyDelete