Saturday, February 12, 2022

Saturday 9: Valentine

Sam’s Saturday 9: Valentine (1997) 

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 

1) In this song, Martina McBride asks what would happen if the sun refused to shine. How are the skies today where you are?

When I am writing this on Friday morning, they are sunny and the temperature is supposed to get in the fifties, Saturday it might break 60! With snow Sunday.

2) She sings of a dream she's had 1,000 times before. Have you ever had a recurring dream?

Nah, I don’t remember my dreams. 

3) Martina has published two cookbooks and appears on The Food Network. Two favorite recipes are for peanut butter desserts: peanut butter/chocolate cookies and peanut butter/butterscotch squares. Is there peanut butter in your kitchen right now?

Of course and a jar of grape jelly.

4) Before she was famous, Martina sold t-shirts at Garth Brooks' concerts. Her husband worked on Garth's sound crew and she pitched in. Do you have any concert t-shirts?

Nope, I haven’t been to a concert since my college days. The last one that I went to was the Grateful Dead Live at Dillon Stadium on 1974-07-31

5) Martina headlined a gala at Ford's Theater in Washington, DC. As our nation's capitol, Washington has many buildings of historic significance. If we were to visit your hometown, what landmarks would you direct us to?

A drive down the “Ridge” it is the historic district of the town per-Revolutionary War homes, one house is the Captain Sage house built in 1796, he served in the French and Indian Wars and the  Revolutionary War. I had a high school party there once when his parents were away.

~~~~~~~

Since this is the Saturday 9 before Valentine's Day, we've got some questions inspired by the holiday.

6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine's Day, so here's a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is "big hearted," it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted?

Yes. I am a sucker for sad eyes.   Ops. A friend who is always taking in strays, both animal and human, he would give his "shirt off his back"

7) It's estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine's Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet?

No, I think that is the wrong time to give pets. Pets are some you do together because it will become a part of your family.

8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors?

Yes. In grad school, she traveled around the world for “food justice” and she is just as tall as I am.

9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What's the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox?

Payments. I get the USPS Your Daily Digest showing what’s coming to your mailbox, I like it because it shows me if I have to walk down to the mailbox in the cold and rainy weather. This morning’s first class mail is just a post card from my undergrad school asking for money, no trip to the mailbox today (As I write this I hear the mail truck going down the street, it will be about a half hour for him to come up my side of the street.

~~~~~~

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. #9 -- I didn't know that service existed! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use that service for the post office, too. I can't see my mailbox from the house and it is a good way to ensure I get my mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9, that is a cool service! I have never heard of it. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm another fan of #9--gotta look into that!

    ReplyDelete