Saturday, February 19, 2022

Saturday 9: Rapid Roy (The Stock Car Boy)

Sam’s Saturday 9: Rapid Roy (The Stock Car Boy) 1972

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The lyrics tell us that every Sunday afternoon we can find Roy at the racetrack. What are your plans for Sunday?

Probably the same as today, hang around the house reading and listening to audiobook

2) Roy is fearless behind the wheel of his '57 Chevrolet. But it's just natural to feel fear every now and again. What scares you?

The Bourne rotary south… I hate rotaries.

3) Roy's been photographed grinning with a toothpick in his mouth. Do you often use toothpicks? If so, do you carry them with you?

I don’t use them that much, usually just after eating lobster.

4) Legend has it Roy learned to drive fast when he ran moonshine out of Alabama. Moonshine usually refers to illegally produced whiskey. What was the last alcoholic beverage you drank?

Amaretto

5) This week's featured artist, Jim Croce, attended Villanova University, where he played in a band that performed at fraternity parties. When his band was chosen to tour Africa as part of a cultural exchange program, he was excited to learn his host countries' customs. Have you ever traveled overseas? What did your trip teach you?

Just to Canada… they are a lot like us only they speak French and English.

6) Jim met his future wife, Ingrid, at a party. They discovered that they both loved Joan Baez and Woody Guthrie. Tell us about one of your friends, and what you two bonded over.

It was grad school and we stay friends.

7) Early in their marriage, while Jim was working hard to launch his music career, Ingrid helped make ends meet by baking bread and canning fruits and vegetables. Do you have any frugal cooking tips or "cheap eats" recipes to share?

I created a website with all my favorite recipes so that I can call them up when I’m cooking.

8) In 1972, Mark Spitz became a sensation, winning seven Gold Medals for swimming. After making money in endorsements and TV appearances, he settled into a career as a realtor in Los Angeles. Are you contemplating a change in residence anytime soon?

Nope. They will be carrying me out.

9) Random question: Which of these "top ten" lists would you prefer to be on -- the sexiest, the smartest or the richest?

The sexiest… Naw, too vain.

The smartest… Also naw.

The richest… Naw you can’t take it with you. Life is not a game of Monopoly

I rather be known for caring about others. My goal in life is to leave the world a better place than when I came into this world.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

  1. That's a great life goal...and can you imagine what a better world this would be if we all aspired to do the same? We wouldn't recognize the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rotarys are not my favorite, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like rotaries either. In western Mass, where I worked, they had hundreds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great life goal. What's a rotary? Is that like a traffic circle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing about being rich, as long as no one was hurt in the process, it would be great to give money away. Now if I was super rich, I would love to set up a Queer Academy for our young and old to learn more of ourstories. But then how does one become rich without exploiting others or the earth? I have tried to leave this world a better place but feel like I have been banging my head against the wall. Nothing seems to change for the better in this type of system where its steps ahead and then steps back. As far as rotaries are concerned, I do not drive and rarely ride in cars, but long bridges and tunnels really get me when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1...I am looking forward to Spring Break so I can read or listen to some audiobooks. I already have them picked out and on hold. Enjoy!
    I love your life goal!
    I am not sure what a rotary is either. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A rotary also goes by Roundabout and a traffic circle,

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my hometown we called it "The 8 Corners." When an out-of-town relative mentioned the "rotary," I had no idea what she was talking about.

    ReplyDelete