On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a cheating boyfriend. Unlike most songs, where the lover deceives by seeing another, this one squanders his girl's financial resources. She sings that he's ruined her credit. Do you know your credit score?
Yes, my credit card company sends me my numbers ever so often.
2) How often do you pay your bills? Do you handle them as they come in, or do you pay weekly, bi-weekly or monthly? Or are you lucky enough to have someone else handle your bills?
Around the middle of the month and at the end of the month… so that means doing them today.
3) Destiny's Child had a hit with "Bills, Bills, Bills." This girl group got their start in Houston, TX. During the recent, bruising storm, lead singer Beyonce sent food, money and water to her home state. Have you spent much time in the Lone Star State?
I have never set foot in Texas and have no desire to do so.
4) Beyonce is the breakout star of the group and went on to have a highly successful solo career. Can you think of another star who began his/her career as the member of a group?
Phil Collins… Genesis and then he went his own way.
5) "Bills, Bills, Bills" was performed a cappella by the kids on Glee. That Fox show ran for six seasons. Were you a fan?
I never watched it.
6) In 1999, when this song was on the charts, SpongeBob SquarePants premiered. The show remains popular among the younger set. Have you ever seen it?
7) SpongeBob has become an industry, spawning movies, a Broadway musical, video games and both coloring and comic books. Once considered children's amusements, today coloring and comic books enjoy a following among adults. Have you recently enjoyed coloring or reading a comic book?
Before the plague I did coloring books at the senior center.
8) Also in 1999, Walmart expanded to the United Kingdom. Do you shop at Walmart?
Nope… only when I have to.
I stopped going when a number of Walmart stores got cited for chaining the emergency doors closed after hours to kept the cleaning crew from sneaking out at night.
9) Random question -- We've all met people who aren't exactly as they present themselves. Are you good at spotting a phony?
No, I’m a sucker for a hard luck story.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
P.S. Last weekend I had my laptop cleaned, it is running much cooler, I can actually use it as a laptop and not burn my stomach, and the keys don't stick.