On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
I was up to my brother’s and sister-in-law’s condo in Maine last weekend for my birthday.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The lyrics refer to "sweet destiny." Do you believe in destiny?
No we make our own path in life.
2) This week's artist, Mariah Carey, has something to fall back on. She studied cosmetology and worked as a hair sweeper in a salon. When you get your hair cut, do you socialize with the stylist?
Naw… I just shave it all off and wear a wig.
When the wig gets ratty throw it out and get a new one (about every six months). It is actually cheaper, you save on hair cuts more than the cost of the wig.
3) She isn't likely to turn to cosmetology any time soon. Mariah is currently on the best seller list with her autobiography, The Meaning of Mariah Carey. Was the last book you finished fiction or non-fiction?
Science fiction. It was an audiobook, Dragonsinger by Anne McCaffrey, it is a classic trilogy…
Dragonsong and Dragonsinger feature 15-year-old Menolly, a girl with great musical talent raised in an isolated sea-hold (akin to a fishing village) where composition is no part of a girl's future. Dragonsong ends with her invitation to the main craft-hall of the harpers. Dragonsinger covers her brief apprenticeship there, ending with her promotion to journeyman.4) So far, more than 800 people have reviewed Mariah's book on Amazon. Do you review products/services online?
Dragondrums focuses on Piemur, a secondary character in Dragonsinger as a boy soprano, and one apprentice who made Menolly feel welcome. His voice changes and he needs a new occupation, perhaps at the communication drums.
Nope… well not usually I think that I have maybe posted a half a dozen reviews. They have to really good or really bad.
5) When she was a high school student, she was nicknamed "Mirage" because she skipped class so often. Did you ever play hooky?
6) Mariah doesn't apologize for spoiling her dogs, who have been known to travel by limo. Do you know anyone who treats their pets like people?
Unfortunately yes. She carries her lap dog in like a baby carrier on her back and her little dog watches over her shoulder. What gets me mad is that she says it is a service dog, she bought the paperwork and the vest on the internet.
7) In 1990, the year this song was popular, Martina Navratilova won the Wimbledon Women's Singles Tournament. How's your tennis game?
I playing the Nationals next year… yeah right.
The only game more boring than tennis is golf. And what is this about "love?" Who's in love??
8) Also in 1990, Pope John Paul II toured Mexico. Have you ever visited our neighbor south of the border?
New York state?
Yeah, it's a great state to visit.
9) Random question(s): There are Gofundme campaigns for many purposes. Have you ever solicited funds online? Would you?
No, I rather let those who really need to do a Gofundme campaign do it.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!