Friday, May 01, 2020

It Is A New World.

Our lives have been turned upside down and some of us can cope with it and some cannot. At the beginning of the “Stay-At-Home” orders I joked that I was an introvert and this is paradise but even introverts need social human interactions with other people.

We now have video health appointments, video classrooms, video meetings, and video family gatherings, and no matter how much they are praised it is still not the same.

Yesterday I was asked to do a video training and I had to turn it down. I did a video lecture and I didn’t like it because I didn’t get feedback from the class as I did the lecture. Normally as I do my lecture you see heads nod or a quizzical look on their faces and you know if you made your point but with a video class there is no feedback. All I am doing is talking to me laptop and most of the students just have a photo up, you don’t even know if anyone is there.

I have a video doctor’s appointment next week and I wonder how the doctor will take my blood pressure and weight?

Our support group is meeting via Zoom it is a nice but it is not a substitute for in person meeting.

Back in grad school I had to read Elliot Aronson’s “The Social Animal” and as humans we are programmed to be around people, we seek their friendship and approval and we broken those connections and for many people there is no substitute for human interactions.

Yes, as a certified introvert I can’t wait until social interaction returns.



A couple of days ago I wrote about two trans women who were murdered and their bodies set on fire, well two men are being held in the case.
2 men detained for allegedly burning 2 transgender women to death in Puerto Rico
CBS News
By Christopher Brito
April 30, 2020

Two men have been detained for allegedly burning two transgender women to death in Puerto Rico, police said Wednesday. The double killings are being investigated as a hate crime and the FBI has taken over the case after pleas from activist groups.
[…]
Captain Teddy Morales, who oversees criminal investigations in the district, said one of the men confessed to his participation in the "vile" crime and admitted it was done for "reasons of revenge" by "repudiating the sexual orientation of the victims."
I don’t know if I trust AG Barr in pursuing the cases because of all the anti-LGBTQ hate coming out of the Department of Justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment