Friday, March 09, 2007

A Good Week

You know when I am quite here on my Blog; I am either studying or busy. This week I was busy, I had two Outreaches (Speaking engagements) at University of Connecticut (Uconn) School of Medicine for second and third year medical students. The panel consisted of eight LGBT people and included a mother of an FtM (Female to Male) transsexual; there were 38 students on Tuesday and 42 students on Thursday plus some doctors and facility. This year they asked a number of good questions, a lot more than last year’s class and I think they also had more doctors in the audience. One of the doctors put me on the spot about the hormones I am taking; he wanted to know why I was taking the risk of blood clots, stroke, high blood pressure and breast cancer. He did like my answer and pressed further for an answer, the doctors teaching the class stepped in to help me out. Other than that the panel discussion went well. Afterward they broke the panel up and we went with smaller groups of students to classrooms to have a more one on more type of discussion.

After the Outreach yesterday I went to meet a friend, at a local diner, who helped my with one of my classes. She helped me organize my thoughts on a term paper that I have to write on the book Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich for my Macro Theories class.

Also, on Wednesday, I came out to my broker, why did I tell my broker? Because I will have to have my name changed once I transitioned and I wanted to make sure he was OK with me being a transsexual, which he was OK and he told me he has several non-traditional clients. So that worked out alright and another was hurdle passed.

Of course this Sunday I am going to my nephew’s son 1st birthday party and met his in-laws and friends for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a busy week and it sounds like a good week too.

    Good luck on the birthday party tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete