Monday, June 14, 2010

On The Road Day 7

Yesterday, I went to a brunch at my nephew in-law’s restaurant, the Village Wayside Bar & Grill. Most of the people at the wedding were there and I said my good-bye to my family members who were heading home after the brunch. The restaurant is located in the Biltmore Village which are stores built in the architecture style of the 1890’s. The restaurant is in the old 1896 train station for the Biltmore Estates.

Afterward, we all headed up to my brother and sister-in-law’s rented house and the kids spent all day in the pool while the adults sat around talking. That was all brought to an abrupt stop when a passing downpour put a damper on the outside activity. It cooled down the temperature but the humidity went up.

For dinner, all fourteen of us headed in to Asheville. We ate at the Mellow Mushroom, an eclectic pizza joint and I had a Gourmet White pizza (sun-dried tomatoes, Provolone, Feta, Mozzarella, tomatoes and onions), it was delicious! After dinner, we walked around Asheville and ended up at Pack Square Park, along the way we passed these three guys holding up signs quoting the Bible about repenting. I wonder what they thought of me?

The people Asheville have been very friendly and I just love their southern accent. I like the Asheville area, there is so much to do here and the city was still hoping at ten o’clock at night. But the heat and humidity is just so oppressive that I would never like to live here.

As I said, the people are so friendly here, I interact with strangers mostly at breakfast in the lobby of the motel. The lobby is filled with families for breakfast, you have to wait in-line for the toaster and they all have been great. I pass from a distant, but up close, it is very easy to read me. However, in my favor is the fact that the last thing they would think is that I trans-person would be there at the motel for breakfast and also, they are absorbed with their family, therefore, I don’t get read.

Today, we learn when the van will be fixed and how long we have to stay in town. Hopefully, it will be fixed in time to get home on Friday. Friday I have to pick up the material for Saturday’s Fairfield Pride. I am suppose to work the table there and I have to pick up the material on Friday for the table.

Day Eight is here.

1 comment: