Monday, September 07, 2009

I Have Been Away…

I’ve been up at the family cottage in New Hampshire all weekend with my brother’s family. We didn’t do any work, we just enjoyed ourselves for the last weekend of the summer fling. The weather was a little chilly, but that did not stop the kids from going swimming and my brother from sailing in our sailboat. I laid out in a chaise lounge and curled up under a warm blanket to read (and occasionally napping). We took in the powerboat and the sailboat, and my brother packed up the kayaks and brought them to his house. We did not close up the cottage because we will still be going up there until Thanksgiving.
Tomorrow classes begin for the fall semester, this semester I am only taking two classes. Analysis of Social Welfare Polices and Human Oppression, the Analysis class is on Tuesday at 4:15PM and the Oppression class is on Thursday at 8:30AM. However, tomorrow I have to be at school at 12:30 because I am the co-chair of the Pride organization and we are having our first meeting of the semester. Just to keep things interesting, I have a 9:00AM meeting at the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective for a project that I am working on with them in partnership with CTAC (CT TransAdvocacy Coalition). So that means I have meetings or classes from 9 to 6:15, its going to be a looong day.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new semester. Sounds like interesting courses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekend sounded lovely. Good luck on the new semester of school. Sounds busy!

    ReplyDelete