The Infamous Proust Questionnaire
* Your most marked characteristic?
* The quality you most like in a man?
Being a good listener.
* The quality you most like in a woman?
Being a good listener.
* What do you most value in your friends?
Being a good listener. No I do not mean to be funny, I think being there and being willing to listen through good times and bad times is what I value most in a person.
* What is your principle defect?
I worry too much.
* What is your favorite occupation?
Any occupation that helps someone (i.e. nurses, doctors, social workers, etc.)
* What is your dream of happiness?
Not having to have a 40 hour a week job. That you can get up when you want to and to work when you want to.
* What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
Loosing my family
* What would you like to be?
Retired (See above. What is your dream of happiness?)
* In what country would you like to live?
USA or more specially Connecticut
* What is your favorite color?
* What is your favorite flower?
* What is your favorite bird?
* Who are your favorite prose writers?
Me. Hmm, I thought I wrote poems but maybe it is more like prose.
* Who are your favorite poets?
Robert Frost – The Road Not Taken
* Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Hmm, I don’t I have one.
* Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
Admiral Honor – lets see if anyone else knows what series she is the heroine in.
* Who are your favorite composers?
* Who are your favorite painters?
* Who are your heroes in real life?
* Who are your favorite heroines of history?
Oh, there are some many. Susan B. Anthony, Harrier Beecher Stowe, George Sands, Joan de Arch, etc. all the women who fought for a cause that they believed in or were on the cutting edge of society.
* What are your favorite names?
Diana. I know it’s a cop out.
* What is it you most dislike?
* What historical figures do you most despise?
I don’t think I despise anyone, what is passed is passed.
* What event in military history do you most admire?
Washington crossing the Delaware on Christmas Eve.
* What reform do you most admire?
* What natural gift would you most like to possess?
* How would you like to die?
Sudden, when I am in my nineties.
* What is your present state of mind?
Racing, thinking of all the things I have to do.
* To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
* What is your motto?
Do to others as you would want them to do to you.