Sunday, April 23, 2006

Thursday

I have a lot of catching up to do top bring my blog up to date.

Thursday was one of those days when everything came together. I took the day off from work, that was the first plus ( any day off from work is always a plus. ) and then I was on a panel discussion at Central Connecticut State University with three other transgender person, two FtM’s and one other MtF. That went excellently, there were about 150 -200 people in the audience and they asked a lot of good questions. Afterwards I went out to lunch at Rudy’s Tuesday with the panel organizer; she is the Director of True Colors and the other MtF.
Then I went grocery shopping, you say big deal! Well it was for me, it was the first time I ever went grocery shopping other than run in like a scared rabbit and run out. After I put away the groceries I went out to dinner with two friends and then over to Real Art Ways to see a new exhibit and hear a talk by the artist.
Then three friends and I went over to University of Hartford to listen to another lecture entitled “Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Rights as a Freedom of Expression Issue". Once again we were the small "t" in GLBT, at least the professor admitted at the beginning of the lecture, when he saw us, that there was no “T”. It was interesting in spite of the fact it was all Gay and Lesbian based court cases.
Afterwards we raced back to Real Art Ways for the end of the cocktail party.
It was a very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment