Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saturday 9: Hey, Soul Sister

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Hey, Soul Sister
(because John suggested Train)

If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) The video was shot on a street corner in Echo Park in central Los Angeles. If you saw a film crew making a video in your neighborhood, would you stop to watch? Or would you just keep walking?
I have and I did, they were making a horror movie in town one year filming at a diner and an old cemetery. And I have been interviewed on the news three times and it always been a blast and filmed in a commercial (which should come out in November… and no I can’t tell you about it until it comes out).

2) The singer says he remembers his girl in every dream he dreams. Do you remember if you dreamed last night?
Yes, and don’t ask me what about it is just fragments now.

3) The band Train is from San Francisco. Have you ever visited The City by the Bay?
Yes, one back in 1999 and I would love to do it again.

4) Lead singer Pat Monahan got his start in a Led Zeppelin cover band. Can you name a Led Zeppelin song?
Oh come on… everyone knows “Stairway to Heaven.”

5) In doing research for this week's Saturday 9, Crazy Sam discovered a publication called Trains, The Magazine of Railroading. What's the last magazine you flipped through? 
It was the free magazine that is in the local newspaper, Hartford.

6) Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
Both, it depends upon the circumstance.

7) Scholars tell us that "To be or not to be" is Shakespeare's most quoted line. Give us another one.
Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble.

8) How do you listen to music on the go? Car radio? CD changer? iPod/mp3 player? Your phone?
Sirius

9) Are you a convincing liar?
Nope and I am very gullible.

I'm sorry I didn't reply to many of your comments, but I have company for the last couple of weeks and I've been busy.

7 comments:

  1. Diana! You're going to be a TV star this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. the commercial will be for a local non-profit and will only be shown at their banquet and on Facebook and YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Shakespeare quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That San Fran question ot me playing Jefferson Airplane. A trigger perhaps? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A TV commercial! Way cool! Congratulations.

    And that's a great Shakespeare quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you hear that story about an opening band who said that Zeppelin stole that intro from them? Nearly 50 years later people....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must always be in the right place at the right time! I didn't realize that was a Shakespeare quote. Not surprising though, since I don't know much about Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete