Thursday, October 24, 2024

Transweek Day 5

Well I skipped lunch at Bay Side (Formerly know as Bayside Betty’s) I decided that I didn’t want to walk up the hill to the restaurant.

Bayside Betty’s had excellent clam chowder and I understand that they passed down the recipe to the new owners but the chowder has way too much carbs in it.

But I didn't go to the Keynote.
50 Years of TransWeek: A panel conversation of event directors
Ariadne Kane, Dallas Denny, Miqqi Alicia Gilbert, and Dee LaValle

In 1975 after planning the first Fantasia Fair, the bank foreclosed on the Gifford House, where everyone would be staying, and events would be scheduled. From that auspicious beginning the event grew into an annual celebration for the last half century. In those 50 years, TransWeek, has evolved. Come hear about its origin and reminisce with four of its event directors, who combined have led 28 of the 50 events and participated in many more. Listen to some memories from TransWeek’s various eras and share yours with us.
With a panel like that you know it was good!

However… I fell asleep and missed it! It was a bye day for me.

But a couple of friends are coming up from CT for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment