Saturday, June 27, 2015

Saturday 9: I Miss You

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: I Miss You (1997)
... because Smellyann suggested it

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Bjork knows what she's looking for in a mate, she just hasn't met him yet. If you are/were still looking for The One, what two qualities would you hope he/she possessed?
The number one quality is love and the number two quality is love.

2) The lyrics ask if you believe "that a dream can come true." Do you believe that dreams come true if you wish hard enough? 
No, dreams may come true but wishing has nothing to do with it.

3) Bjork turns 50 this year. Do you treat "milestone" birthdays differently? Or to you, is your age just a number?
It is just a number but the numbers are thank goodness keeping getting larger.

4) Bjork was always highly musical. At the tender age of 6 she began studying classical piano and flute. Sam is impressed because at the age of 6, she was still trying to master tying her shoes. Do you consider yourself musical?
I’m tone deaf. One of my tape records was running slow and everyone but me realized it.

5) She was born and raised in Reykjavik, Iceland. While the city is known for its bar scene, beer was banned there until 1995. How often do drink beer?
Once in a great while.

6) 66ºNORTH is one of Iceland's biggest employers. This clothier makes quality outdoor wear and this time of year they sell a lot of durable rainwear. Do you have a raincoat?
Yes, but it is too small. My stomach has expanded too much.

7) In 1997, when this song was popular in clubs, Titanic was popular in theaters. Sam saw it and yes, she cried. How about you? Have you seen the saga of Jack and Rose? Did you enjoy it?
I saw it in the movies when it first came out and I wasn’t impressed.

8) Also in 1997, singer John Denver died. Name a John Denver song.
Rocky Mountain High

9) Random question: If you had the opportunity to sky dive, would you take it?
No way! I get vertigo walking over a bridge.

I was up at the cottage last Saturday and missed Saturday 9, we had a number of electrical problems that had to be taken care of right away (Like no hot water).


5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cottage photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is amazing. I wondered where you were last week.
    That was a huge victory yesterday. I will never figure out why people are so concerned about what other people are doing when they have issues of their own..
    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have this week's most romantic answer to #1. I hope you find your loving lover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your answer to #1 (no pun intended)

    I get vertigo badly, too.

    Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete