Monday, December 04, 2006

Off to School

I just got back from an open house at Uconn School of Social Work and it looks like I will be taking classes this winter. I talked to them about how to handle my name and they said to put my legal name on the forms and they will put Diana on the class registration. They also didn’t have any problem with the classes I plan on taking. So it looks like a go!

I thought I wouldn’t know anyone there but it turned out that there was, she was one of the interns that helped out at the lobbying training that I took back in February. She is taking the same Concentration as I want to take but she is in her second year of the Masters program. The Concentration that I want to take is Policy Practice that deals with legislation, lobbying, public policies and advocacy. So it is pretty much what I am doing now, but I think a degree would be much more valuable in accomplishing my goals.

2 comments:

  1. That's really terrific! I am so happy for you that it is going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really didn't need to be nervous, now did you? :)

    ReplyDelete