Saturday, April 16, 2022

Saturday 9: This Is the Way the Bunny Hops

Sam’s Saturday 9: This Is the Way the Bunny Hops (From the archives)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Why do you suppose there are so many songs about Santa Claus, yet very few about the Easter Bunny?

Because Santa Clause has a better publicity agent than the Easter Bunny. but there is always this song…

2) This song was written by The Kiboomers, two early education teachers who are passionate about the power of music to help kids learn. Tell us about a teacher who had an impact on your life.

The high school science teacher, he ran the science club which I was a member.

3) Legend has it that the Easter Bunny was introduced to America in the 1700s by German immigrants. These children waited for a magic creature who left colored eggs. Today's kids dye Easter eggs themselves. When did you most recently color eggs?

Um… it must have been 60 years ago.

4) The Easter Bunny is usually shown carrying a wicker basket filled with eggs, toys and candy. Is there any wicker in the room you're in right now?

Yes, I have them on top of the refrigerator.

5) While marshmallow Peeps are manufactured all year around, they are most popular at Easter. Do you prefer the chicks or the bunnies?

Well, I am diabetic so no bunnies or Peeps for me.

6) A little time in the microwave can do ugly things to a Peep. Have you ever nuked a Peep?

Nope, but I have been known to experiment with marshmallows in the microwave. One of the worst things you can tell an engineering student “Do not do this” we wonder why not?

7) Would you prefer a hollow or a solid chocolate bunny?

See my answer for #5… but I have been know to cheat when it comes to chocolate.

8) A traditional American Easter dinner usually includes glazed ham or roast lamb. Which would you rather have as your main course?

Well I like them both.

I like the pineapple and Maraschino cherries on the glazed ham but I also like the mint jelly with the lamb.

9) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated?

A good night sleep which is very rare with me. I slept for 3 hours, awake for 3 hours and another 3 hour sleep.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Chocolate is worth cheating for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Gal. Chocolate is worth an occasional cheat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried lamb. I bet it is so good. I Loved your answers! Have a blessed Easter weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lamb too but can't have mint. I am trying to get to bed earlier. No electronics before bed, just a good book. I hate to wake up in the middle of the night. Sleep is so important! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #8--I love the ham with pineapple & cherry but I never got into the mint jelly with lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sleep cycle sounds like mine, but I think of that as a "good" night of sleep. that and an afternoon nap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! If anyone had said don't do this about marshmallows when I was a kid I'm sure I'd have done exactly that, too. Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Daddy. Peter Cottontail had nothing for him in his Easter Basket. Sign of the times when the song was written. Too macho for a chocolate egg. Just a thought. Happy Easter to everyone. Today we are having a kosher roast chicken. A little combination of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete