Saturday, April 02, 2022

Saturday 9: Fooled Around and Fell in Love

Sam's Saturday 9: Fooled Around and Fell in Love (1976)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Sorry for not replying to your posts last week but I think that I a touch of S.A.D. the week long rainy overcast cold weather brought me down.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Chosen because Friday was April Fool's Day.

1) As an April Fool's prank, Taco Bell once announced they had purchased The Liberty Bell and renamed it The Taco Liberty Bell. Describe your perfect taco.

Just your basic taco… spicy chopped meat beef or chicken, lettuce, tomato, and cheese with toppings of sour cream and salsa. My favorite Mexican restaurant is in Hartford is Coyote Flaco and my favorite meal is Quesadilla Linda with chicken…

“One flour tortilla filled with Monterey Jack cheese and your choice of meats or veggies served with salad, guacamole and sour cream”

2) In 1989, a British policeman investigated a flying saucer that had landed in a field in Surrey. When a figure in a space suit emerged, the policeman ran away. Turns out it was a hot air balloon, designed by billionaire Richard Branson to look like a UFO as an April Fool's prank/publicity stunt. Have you ever seen a UFO?

Nope. I don’t believe in them, not that I don’t believe that there are other civilizations out there but that the distances are too big to cross.

3) This week's song is about a man who collected girls' phone numbers in a little book. When he and she broke up, he'd tear out her page. Do you keep an pen-and-paper address book? Or do you use your cellphone to hold street addresses as well as phone numbers?

I use Google Contacts and I also keep a spreadsheet for my Christmas list, that way I can print out address labels. 

4) This was the biggest hit blues guitarist Elvin Bishop ever had, but that's not him singing it. While he's proud of his composing and guitar prowess, Bishop felt his voice was too gravelly for this song. Do you like your singing voice?

Ha! The frogs in my backyard can sing better than I can.

5) A brainy kid, Elvin Bishop won a full scholarship to the University of Chicago, where he majored in physics. Obviously, though, as a blues guitarist he doesn't lean on that physics degree very often. What's something you learned in school that you seldom used again?

I bet you all that you will probably will not know what I am talking about… I hated it in collage and never used it since. Dot and Cross Products

6) Elvin was born in Iowa, grew up in Oklahoma, went to college in Illinois, recorded in Georgia and now lives in California. How many different states have you called home?

One. Except for my college years I haven’t lived anywhere else.

7) In 1976, the Summer Olympics were held in Montreal. When did you most recently visit our neighbor to the north?

Very, very long tine ago.

8) Nadia Comaneci was the star of the 76 Olympics, scoring a perfect 10 in gymnastics. What have you enjoyed lately that you would rate "a perfect 10?"

I made a macaroni lobster salad and I had it with a glass of white wine.

9) Random question: Do you ever talk to your TV?

Nope, I didn’t like it when the TV talked back to me.


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of quesadillas myself. Love them with steak, red onions, and avocado. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good quesadilla, too. You would win the bet. I followed the link and I still don't have any idea what you are talking about! Math was not exactly my best subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son loves quesadillas too. I do too, but I usually get a burrito.
    I clicked your link on the dot and cross products. I never enjoyed vectors either. I do not use that either. Good answer! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what you're talking about, either, so wow, you win that bet! Does a taco have to have salsa? I can't eat tomatoes anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, with tacos basically you can add or take away any of the ingredients. I have seen lobster tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Quesadilla menu options are all appealing to me--that restaurant looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We eat quesadillas every week. That restaurant is one I wish was out here!
    UFOS are odd phenomena. And, though I genuinely don’t know what we saw, and saw more than once, I’ve come to believe in other dimensions as a possibility. We have human eyes, but there is the possibility that things leak through now and again, but mostly are just outside our forth dimension senses. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s a big maybe but it’s one explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had a chicken taco. I don't know why really. Do they make pork tacos?

    That macaroni lobster salad sounds delightful.

    Your S9 made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete