Saturday, July 01, 2017

Saturday 9: I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)

Saturday 9: I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)
From the archives



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

I was up in New Hampshire for the closing yesterday, if all went well I should be on the way home as this is posted. I stayed over at some friends’ house in Massachusetts. Sadly it is the end of an era and I will miss it terribly. The last sunset at the cottage.


You can hear is this week's song here

1) This week's song was performed by James Cagney in the famous movie of the same name. Do you plan on going to the movies this holiday weekend?
Nope. I am not a big movie fan.

2) Though known for his larger-than-life screen presence, Cagney was only 5'5". How tall are you?
Six foot.

3) During the Revolutionary War, General Washington celebrated the 4th of July by giving his troops a double ration of rum. Will you imbibe any spirits this holiday weekend?
A little bit… but it was a lot last night.

4) American history was one of Crazy Sam's best subjects in school. Science was her worst. In which class did you earn your worst grades?
All of them except science. They all bored me except for science class, it was fun!

5) The Fourth of July means we're in the middle of summer. Are you careful about applying sunscreen?
Yes, I also try to sit in the shade.

6) Mosquito bites can be a major summer annoyance. Are you scratching any itches right now?
OH YES! Black flies and mosquitos were out in force when I was up at the cottage packing up.

7) Emergency rooms report an increase in wrist injuries in summer, with people falling off bikes and skateboards and jamming their wrists catching hard-hit softballs. Have you recently been to the ER or Urgent Care?
Not recently.

8) New York is home to Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest every year on the 4th. Will hot dogs be consumed in your household this weekend?
Hot dogs no, hamburgers yes. I’m having some friends over on the 4th

9) Atlanta hosts a 10K Peachtree Road Race every 4th of July. Are you a runner?
Nope. But I used to go to see road races at Limerock Park… does that count?

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your bug bites. Like paper cuts, they are little distractions that can totally drive you nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be wonderful to be so tall!
    I loved science class, too. But I was never really very good at the subject.

    Happy Saturday! Hope you have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous photo! As a student, I did well in the life sciences but was a total disaster at chemistry and physics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is 6 foot tall which totally surprises me as my family never made it past 5' 9".
    I enjoyed the punch line on your previous post

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful image of your view of the lake. I hope you come to love the new place even more.

    My daughter is now taller than her dad, who is shrinking. She's 5'10". And, Ewww Black flies. They are a scourge in Maine I'm told. My niece lives there.

    I think we'll have hamburgers, too. At least I hope we do.
    Happy Fourth, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hamburgers sound yummy. We would grill out but a bird has nested in the grill. I really don't want to use that grill anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun at your 4th get-together! You're the lone tall one in the group! ;)

    ReplyDelete