Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

What are you doing to prepare for the hurricane Sandy?

Those of us who live along the east coast from Virgina to Massachusetts are in the cone of possibility for Hurricane Sandy which is expected to make landfall on Monday some where in New Jersey. So what are you doing to prepare?

I dusted off my camp stove and lantern, checked my battery supply, charge up my Kindle, mp3 player, phone and laptop (I watch DVDs on it and surfed the web on a dial-up modem (I don't have that account any more so I might be off the web for a couple of days)). I going to be one of the thousands of shoppers at the grocery store to stock up on can food and food that is easily to prepare. I have city water so I don't have to worry about a well.

Last year we got hit by hurricane Irene in September and a blizzard in late October and I lost power for 3 days for each storm (some towns lost power for over 7 days). However, unlike last year I now have to watch my carbs. Last year it was canned chili, canned ravioli, spaghetti and other high carb. foods, now it is going to take a little more thought in what to buy

2 comments:

  1. As for me, I'm rushing off to the liquor store for some supplies. No reason to go through the hurricane sober. :-)


    Being serious, earlier today, I finally got around to putting a grill I haven't used for years next to the dumpster - why have it on a porch as a risk, when I've never used it in years? I'll pick up some food I can eat from a can on my way back from a party tonight. There is already enough bottled water in the house.



    So, I should have enough to get me through for a few days. If I don't, there's always the magic of plastic, where I can drive away from here and shack out where I have access to the internet, and as a product of that, to work....

    ReplyDelete