Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Dreams…

Back before I came out of the closet, my cousin married his wife who is an airline stewardess. At her shower there was a transgender steward, I do not know if she was transsexual or a crossdresser, she was at work a steward, but she was at the shower as a stewardess. And I was jealous that she could be so out and accepted.

I came across this article about a trans-stewardess…
Transgender airline staff make inaugural flight in Thailand
Pink News
by Stephen Gray
4 January 2012

Thailand’s first transgender air stewardesses have taken part in PC Air’s inaugural flight from Bangkok to Surat Thani.

The new airline took on four transgender crew last year when hiring thirty in-flight staff.
[…]
“I [PC Air boss Peter Chan] just made their dream come true. Our society has changed. It’s evolution. I’m a pioneer and I’m sure there will be other organisations following my idea.”
[…]
The Telegraph reports that despite differently-coloured name tags, few passengers could tell the transgender stewardesses apart from the other female crew.
It is great that they gave them jobs… However, why do they have different color name tags? Also, even though they “made their dreams come true”, it still sounds like they think they are doing them a favor by hiring them.

2011 Stats…
                     Page Loads     Unique Visits     First Time Visits     Returning Visits
Total           30,201             24,421                18,548                       5,873
Average     83                      67                          51                               16

No comments:

Post a Comment