Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Using Our Images

You would think that you have control over who can use a photo of you… well you don’t.

There are many cases where your photo is public property and people can use it without your consent. The phrase they use is “where you don’t have expectation of privacy” like walking down the street or at a public rally or your mugshot or police photos.
Assault victim says ‘not today’ to I-1552 campaign
MyNorthwest
By Dyer Oxley
March 14, 2017

When a man assaulted ________ in a public Seattle bathroom, she made it clear she was not to be messed with. “Not today …” she yelled as she fought off her attacker at Golden Gardens.

It’s a sentiment she is now turning on a political organization — the Yes on I-1552 campaign that is using her face to promote a political agenda she vehemently opposes.

“I’m done being polite. I’m done being politically correct,” _____ told KIRO Radio’s Dori Monson.”Because what they are doing is not correct. What that man did to me, was to me. It was him and me. We fought it out. There is no question about the wrongness of it … now my face is being used to raise money for discrimination … It’s bull.”

It’s a sentiment she is now turning on a political organization — the Yes on I-1552 campaign that is using her face to promote a political agenda she vehemently opposes.
And this is where we come in, I-1552 is an anti-trans voter initiative they are trying to get on the ballot and they are will to victimize the victim again.
“I’ve been pretty even keeled throughout this recovery time,” _____said. “I haven’t really cried very much or been angry. Then I opened up this link to a newsletter that went out for the bill, the Yes on I-1552. And it’s got my bloodied face on the cover of this newsletter, and on their Facebook page, using my violent sexual assault to promote an initiative that discriminates against transgender people. What?!”
The Seattle Times wrote,
________ probably thought she was finished with the expletive-anchored rallying cry she yelled when fighting off a sexual assault last week.
[…]
The Just Want Privacy campaign, which is trying to get Initiative 1552 on the ballot, used an image showing ______’s injuries and recounted her story in a fundraising appeal. The campaign also shared a news item on its Facebook page with Herron’s image and story.
To make it even worst…
But ________ didn’t know they were being used; the image that Just Want Privacy reproduced was one she had shared with news media.

In a statement through Washington Won’t Discriminate, _______ called on Just Want Privacy to issue a retraction and refund any money that was raised off her story.

“To the people behind I-1552, I say ‘Not today, mother (expletive),’ ” _______ said, using the same language she says she shouted at the man who assaulted her last week.

“I refuse to allow anyone to use me and my horrific sexual assault to cause harm and discrimination to others,” she added.
These anti trans people have no morals, they believe the end justifies the means. It is amazing how low they will stoop for their cause. They used her assault to raise money for them and they didn’t care who they hurt, I will not publish her name because I do not want Google to index it, I want her to maintain as much privacy that she has left.

No comments:

Post a Comment