On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
Welcome to the first Saturday 9 of 2017!
Meā Culpā, Meā Culpā … I didn’t get to reply to any of your comments last, it was a crazy holiday weekend. I promise to do better this week.
1) This song is about a new day. Here we are celebrating a new year. What do you hope for in 2017?
That I survive 2017
2) Ms. Dion has said this song was influenced by the events of 9/11, and how a new day dawned after tragedy. Looking back on 2016, did something happen that you're glad to leave behind and move away from?
Hmm… no nothing happened that I want to forget and move on.
3) In the video, Celine serenades us from billowy white clouds. Describe the sky where you are as you answer these 9 questions.
Black. It is 6 AM.
4) This video was shot in West Palm Beach, FL. When settlers arrived in the late 1870s, the town was called Lake Worth County. OK, your turn. Tell us something about your hometown.
Last month the train station that was built in the 1870s burned down. It was undergoing renovations. Amtrak is upgrading the rail line through the state, and was expanding the station to match the 1870 architecture. Now the new building is stand there next to a pile of rubble.
5) Celine Dion's native tongue is French. Dites-nous quelque chose en Français.
Back in my high school day I took French for about two weeks before I dropped out. I could never understand why the lesson assignment and the class was taught in French, so how on the first day of class do you understand what you are supposed to be doing?
6) Celine's mother, Therese, is known in her Quebec neighborhood as a terrific cook. Think about your own domestic talents. Where do you excel? (Food prep, house cleaning, laundry, scheduling, etc.)
Food prep, I love to eat so therefore I have to cook.
7) Growing up, Celine and her siblings often performed in her family's piano bar. Where did you most recently enjoy an adult beverage?
When we when out to see a play in Hartford just before Christmas.
8) In 2002, when this song was popular, Kmart was in the news because the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. What department store to you shop at most often?
Kohls, they have a story in town so I support it. They pay a lot in property taxes.
9) Random question: It's time for a midnight snack and you have your choice of one of these three -- a slice of sausage pizza, a bagel with lox and cream cheese, or a piece of carrot cake. Which will you have? And what shall we bring you to drink?
I will go for the cold pizza with a cold beer!
I love cold pizza for breakfast. It is the breakfast of champions!