Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Story Part 158 - “Who says you can't go back*…”

Well I am today. I going back to my grad school again to hear a panel discussion, “Identity, Oppression and Human Rights Through a Social Work Lens” by one of my former professors.
Dr. Libal will talk about the importance of social inclusion and non-discrimination as a fundamental to human dignity and the foundation of identity. She will discuss the right to participation in community, to have a cultural identity that is respected, and the importance of addressing social inequality to be sure that all individuals have the capacity to have their identity recognized.
I think it should be very interesting from a trans-perspective lens.

One thing that it is going to be weird is going back to school; the last time I sat to listen to a discussion there was April 2011. I'll let you know about the panel discussion when after I get back this afternoon (I posted it here).

*Bon Jovi: "Who Says You Can't Go Home"

My Story is a weekly series of blog posts about my transition and observation of life as a trans-person.

No comments:

Post a Comment