1. Would you describe your desk as generally cluttered or generally neat?
When I was working, my desk was cluttered. The HR director use to leave little hints on my desk, like booklet on how to maintain an organized desk or “A cluttered desk, a cluttered mind”
2. There’s the old saying about one’s clutter being “organized” just where he can find everything: considering the most cluttered part of your workspace, can you really find everything easily?
Yes, I could 99% of the time. I had a pile for each job, stuff to be reviewed, stuff to be filed. If someone couldn’t find some paperwork in the shop, they always came to my desk first.
OK, just let me say this in my defense. I use to have an administrative assistant to enter the records into the database and then file the records. When we were bought out by a large corporation they did away with the position. So besides supervising 8 technicians, I also had to do all or her work and I am not the worlds fastest typist, so work backed up on my desk.
3. You have an important appointment to remember: where’s the first place you’re likely to make note of it: on a desk calendar, your computer, or your phone?
On my computer, because I could enter appointments both at work and at home, in addition it sent out automatic reminders. I tried using my phone, but it just had a basic calendar that didn’t send out reminders.
4. Take the quiz: What Does Your Desk Say About You?
You Are a Creative Worker
You are a very personally expressive person, especially outside of work. Your individuality matters to you.
You draw a lot of inspiration and energy from your own internal world. You get bored easily around other people.
You are confident and competent. You tend to not make mistakes, and you trust your judgment.
You are down to earth and practical. You achieve success one step at a time, by paying attention to details.
Hmmm… to bad, my boss didn’t know that, maybe I wouldn’t have gotten all those hints.
5. How many personal photos do you have on your desk, and who are the photos of?
I had copy of these photos on my wall and as you can seen that are all nature scenes
6. Is your desk too big for you, too little, or just right?
To small, but then on the other hand “nature abhors a vacuum” and the clutter will fill whatever the size of my desk