Monday, November 28, 2016

There Is No Typical Trans Person

We are all unique and so is what we have to put up with when we transition. Some have it hard, and some have it easy when they transition.
Eddie Izzard reveals years of transgender abuse to court
Comedian says ‘I stand my ground’, as man is found guilty of abusing him outside his home
The Guardian
Friday 25 November 2016

Comedian Eddie Izzard defended himself against a man who shouted homophobic abuse at him as a stand against “thousands of years of transgender people being aggressively attacked”, a court has heard.

Jamie Penny threatened to “do” the 54-year-old’s house after an altercation in Pimlico, central London.

A month later Penny, 24, shouted to Izzard that he was a “fucking poofter” after seeing him in a street nearby.

Penny, who is autistic, was found guilty of two counts of using threatening and abusive words or behaviour with intent to cause harassment, alarm or distress. He also admitted damaging a police cell after he was arrested.
And he was not alone in harassing and threating the comedian,
Izzard said: “I was thrown because it had escalated. For hundreds of thousands of years transgender people have been aggressively attacked.

“I just thought, it is not going to happen – I am going to attack back with words.”

The court heard that a month later, on 4 May, Izzard was walking near Victoria station towards his house when he heard someone shout, “you’re a fucking poofter [a male prostitute]” from the other side of the road.
When we transition we have no idea how our neighbor will react, will they be accepting? Will be indifferent towards us? Or will they be violent and hostile toward us?

We will never know until we do come out in public.

For me it was mixed, most of the neighbors were indifferent towards me, some never talked to me before and haven’t talked to me since (I live in a typical suburban neighborhood, the neighbors all have garage door openers so all you see is the garage door open and them driving off with a wave and most have a lawn service cut their lawn). And a few are friendly and talk to me.

One neighbor had a tag sale and I went over to buy a tripod for my camera and as I was walking away I heard him say to his daughter… “That is our neighborhood queer.”

But all it takes is for you to have one bully in your neighborhood to make your life miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment