Thursday, September 27, 2007

Create A Connection

Inspiring Words

I am not big on quotes but I do have some favorites:

"Small is the number of people who see with their eyes and think with their minds."
Albert Einstein

"The only person you are destine to become, is the person you decide to be."
Pam Finger

"You rarely have time for everything you want in this life, so you need to make choices. And hopefully your choices come from a deep sense of who you are."
Fred Rogers

"The point is that there are always obstacles, whether they seem insurmountable or merely bothersome. The question is not how difficult the path, but whether in your heart, you wish to undertake the journey."
Zandru's Forge - Marion Zimmer Bradley

And the quote I have on the top of my blog…

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key
"
Already Gone - Eagles

These are some of the quotes that have resonated with me and made me think about over coming prejudice and bigotry. How we have to live our own life and not worry what others may think. That my sound selfish but sometimes there is no other choice.
For many transgendered individuals they live their life in fear of what others may think of them as life passes them by.

Let me amend my list by adding this quote that I got via email one day from a person who was reading my old web-site and commented about my photographs


The great teachings unanimously emphasize that all the peace, wisdom, and joy in the universe are already within us; we don't have to gain, develop, or attain them. We're like a child standing in a beautiful park with his eyes shut tight. We don't need to imagine trees, flowers, deer, birds, and sky; we merely need to open our eyes and realize what is already here, who we really are--as soon as we quit pretending we're small or unholy.

Unknown source

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's selfish at all. If we worried about everyone else, it wouldn't be our own life. We all have choices, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete