Saturday, June 09, 2018

A Walk Through A Salt Marsh

Yesterday I joined the Massachusetts  Audubon Society, what brought about that? It was a walk through salt marsh and pine woodlands at the Wellfleet Bay wildlife sanctuary.

So here are some of the photos that I took yesterday…

A little bit about the photos, they both are HDR or High Dynamic Range. What that means is that I took three photo, one 2 f-stops under, one the exact f-stop, and one 2 f-stops over. In other words one was under exposed, one the correct exposure, and one was over exposed and then the three were combined. What that does is allow the details in the shadows to stand out and the bright areas also have more details.

Then using Adobe Lightroom I adjust the composite photo be adding more color and contrast.

This was first light for my new lens, Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR






When I was walking on the boardwalk I saw all these little holes on the march and my first thought was clam breathing holes, as I walked by something duck in the hole and I thought it was the clam’s neck but then I saw this little guy…


One of the many flowers along the path.



No comments:

Post a Comment