Saturday, March 24, 2018

Saturday 9: Sweet Disaster

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Sweet Disaster (2016)



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This video begins outside a convenience store with a sign advertising beer, produce, lotto and an ATM. Will you buy beer, produce or a lotto ticket this weekend? Will you visit an ATM?
No beer, no lotto tickets, no ATM, but maybe produce

2) As the video progresses, fountain drinks and donuts are consumed. When you stop for a snack during a road trip, what do you usually grab?
On the trip to Cape Cod and back I ate all the stuff a diabetic shouldn’t eat… chips, bagel with cream cheese, peanut butter crackers with a black coffee.

3) The lyrics reference "a river of champagne." When did you last enjoy a spot of the bubbly?
It has been too long to remember… probably at some wedding.

4) The end of the video features sci-fi/horror images. Is that a genre you enjoy? If not, what kind of books do you read most often?
Si-Fi rules!

5) The trio that makes up The Dreamers are dyed-in-the-wool New Yorkers. If you could live in any city or village in the world, would you move or stay right where you are?
I would stay, I’m a home body. I like familiar surroundings.

6) The Dreamers describe themselves as "impractical."  What about you? Do you consider yourself practical or impractical?
Way too practical

7) They also won't "listen to those who doubt" them. Sometimes we find the ones who doubt us most are ourselves. What about you? Are you confident, or do you suffer from self doubt?
I have tons of self-doubt. The biggest one right now is buying the cottage.

8) Do you often remember your dreams?
I can’t remember dreams and I feel cheated because I can't remember them.

9) Random question: Would you rather get $100 today, or $250 on this date a year from now?
I will take the $100 now and invest it in the stock market so that next year it will be worth $80.



I will be away most of the day at the “March for Our Lives” rally in Hartford

5 comments:

  1. That cottage is a big purchase and commitment. I think it's normal to feel a little trepidation when so much is involved (though I'm sure it will be a delight for years to come).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are all buying produce this weekend!! I have never been a home body, until my nieces were born. I did venture out to LA for 4 years! Lots of fun, but when its time, it'll be the east coast!!

    I am not to good at my diabetic diet, but that changed just yesterday. One of my girlfriends died from complications from diabetes. So, I'm not really good at NOT doing the right thing, but this is day 2 with no sugar.

    I am also the only one waiting a year for money!!!

    Have a great weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. $80 if you are lucky... Of course, you never know what November may bring us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see photos and hear your stories about the cottage on the Cape!

    I wish I lived closer to marches in Maine... however, I've had a bout of vertigo so I'm not sure I would have made it. There in spirit, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. $80 after your investment. You got that right.

    ReplyDelete