Saturday, January 13, 2018

Saturday 9: Piano

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Piano (2013)



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

I think that I have a touch of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) I just find it hard to get up and do things that I like doing, I even skipped the photo club at the senior center yesterday. It has been exceedingly cold and snowing this season so far and yesterday and today it has been pouring so it is another day stuck inside.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) As she sings, Ariana muses about the songs she could compose on her piano. Do you play the piano?
Nope I don’t play and musical instruments, I can’t keep a beat and being tone deaf nor do I sing.

2) She compares love songs, saying there are sad ones about how hard love is, and happy ones that make you want to dance. What's your favorite love song? Is it sad or happy?
"To Sir With Love"
It is happy, the opposite of the way I’m feeling right now.



3) Ariana's mother always told her that they took her name from Princess Oriana in the 1988 movie Felix the Cat. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Donald Duck, he gets frustrated so easily.

4) Ariana's favorite board game is Monopoly. What's your favorite board game?
Oh that is an easy answer… Backgammon.
But I also like Qwirkle and Mexican Train Dominos

5) She relaxes by baking. When you feel keyed up, what do you do to relax?
Right now sleep.

6) She is a huge Florida Panthers fan, even though once, as a little girl, she got hit by a puck. Now that the NHL season is underway, how's your favorite team doing?
Nope, I don’t follow sports. Now if you asked my brother’s family they all would say the Bruins.

7) In 2013, when this song was popular, the NHL reached an agreement with the players union and averted a strike. Have you ever belonged to a union?
Nope, I was always management but I support them 100%

8) Also in 2013, Pauline Philips died. Ms. Philips was better known to millions of readers as "Dear Abby." At its height, her advice column appeared in 1,400 newspapers across the country. Do you still read a printed copy of your newspaper?
No, and that reminds me to cancel the paper copy and only subscribe to the electronic copy.

9) If you could get the answer to one question about your future, what would that one question be?
Will I find a mate before I die.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!"

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your SAD; I feel quite sure that I deal with that, too, but it isn't so bad here in milder Idaho. So far, anyway, but any further west and the constant rain would be a huge downer (no pun intended). My grandmother and I used to play Backgammon a lot when I was a kid, and I have a special fondness for that game in my heart. Don't own it, though; maybe I'll have to buy a set and teach my kids. Have a happy week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this is a sad Saturday for you.

    Your answer to #1 could have been mine, word for word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I upped my Vitamin D and B blend because of SAD. I hate winter weather so having SAD on top of it is a real bummer. I do use a full-spectrum light and I think it helps. Hope you are through the blues soon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We seem to have a few Bruins fans with us today :) I know what you mean by this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use light therapy and Vitamin D & Bs for that, too, like Kwizgiver. But sometimes you just have to give in to it and go back to bed. And that's okay, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the only other person I've ever come across who has said they are tone deaf. I've got an old report card somewhere on which my 5th grade music teacher pronounced it and made it official for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Sir with Love is a beautiful song, and a tribute to a teacher. I love that Movie.

    I'm sorry you have SADD... my daughter had it. It's a hard thing to deal with when it's rainy and cold.

    Oh! I must have a look at that Mexican Train Dominoes. We have dominoes, and play them when on camping trips. :o)

    Thanks for supporting unions. The Wealth of Nations, et al.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your SADD. My daughter had that and gray weather didn't help it. If the sun came out, she was out there in it.

    I love To Sir with Love, the song and the movie.

    We get a copy of the paper three times a week, and apparently it's the only way this paper will let you have electronic editions. We never read the darn thing.

    Hope you get some good news on #9. You are a terrific person.

    ReplyDelete