Saturday, January 20, 2018

Saturday 9: Jump

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Jump (1984)



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
This afternoon I will be at the Women’s March in Hartford, followed by a birthday party so it might be not until tomorrow that I reply to your comments.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) David Lee Roth does a lot of jumping in this video. He credits his flashy moves to his study with marital artist Benny Urquidez. Have you ever tried karate, judo, or jiu-jitzu?
Naw, too much like work.

2) Dave claims to be fluent in Spanish. Say something "en español."
Buenos días señora
I have to thank Google Translate for this answer.

3) Dave appeared as himself in an episode of The Sopranos, playing poker with Tony Soprano. Are you a good poker player?
I can’t keep a straight poker player face

4) Though known for his prowess on the guitar, Eddie Van Halen wrote the opening of this song at the keyboard when he was still new to the synthesizer. When do you recently venture outside your comfort zone? Was it a success?
Some time it is, but it is hard for me to leave my comfort zone.

5) Eddie's older brother Alex is the Van Halen drummer and his son, Wolfie, began touring with the band in 2007. Have you ever worked with a family member?
Kind of, back in the days when a lot of summer jobs were nepotism jobs, I worked for the state Department of Education and my father worked for the CT Department of Education. So he had a list of summer job openings.

6) Van Halen's first manger was Marshall Berle. Mr. Berle's uncle was Milton Berle. Does the name Milton Berle mean anything to you?
Yes and he has a very bad reputation in the trans community for his portrayal of Carmen Miranda

7) In 1984, when this song was popular, AT&T/Bell Telephone was broken up into 24 separate companies. Today, who is your phone provider?
Frontier

8) Also in 1984, Michael Jackson was severely burned while filming a Pepsi commercial. Would we find any Pepsi in your kitchen right now?
You will not find any soda in my house at all.

9) Random question: Have you ever been so angry that you kicked or hit an inanimate object?
Sadly I have to say yes, it was one of those days when nothing went right and I got very frustrated and I threw the object and it broke (I don't even remember what it was now). I ended up sitting on the floor cross legged crying. Not a good day.


Update 10:00 AM


7 comments:

  1. #2 -- Busted! I've been using Google to translate everyone else's answers this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berle really wasn't a very funny man, was he? I looked for some quotes and they are all just hideously insulting or not funny at all. I guess he was shocking back in his day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a pepsi fan here, more a coke gal, even though there is no pop in the house right not.... trying to kick the habit.... one week in and thankfully no caffeine withdrawal headache! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated the idea of having to find a summer job when I was home on summer break. I had no idea about the Carmen Miranda thing although I know I've seen the images of it in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get mad often, but when I do--LOOK OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That appears to be a Vaudevillian skit, and the source of almost all early skits on TV. I'm truly sorry that Berle offends anyone except for the hide-bound politicians. lol They have it coming!

    I'm relearning my Spanish. My daughter was fluent and I am thinking, why not re-learn conversational Spanish at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every now and again you just have to hit something.

    ReplyDelete