Saturday, October 28, 2017

Saturday 9: Monster Mash

Saturday 9: Monster Mash (1962)



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Last week I was up on Cape Cod in Provincetown
Also I have been having problems posting comment, I get a message “Publishing” but it doesn’t get posted. Is anyone else having that problems?

Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here.

1) In your younger days, did you ever trick or treat while dressed as a monster or ghoul?
I think that I did a monster once wrapping up myself in gauze.

2) Do you enjoy being frightened by celluloid boys-gone-bad, like Michael Myers (Halloween) or Jason (Friday the 13th)? 
Um… wrong generation.
For me it was Vincent Price, Bela Lugosi, and Boris Karloff movies.
I like the old movies much more than the new horror movies; the old movies filled you with suspense, they left to your imagination instead of blood and gore.

3) When you were a kid, did you ever TP a neighbor's house or indulge in any other Halloween acts of vandalism? (Don't worry, the statute of limitations is up.)
Nope. We were good little kids… yeah, right.

4) Will you be attending any Halloween parties this year? If so, will you dress up?
I will be hibernating all night.

5) Can you see any Halloween decorations as you answer these 9 questions?
Nope.
But I used to have a neighbor whose son decorated there house to the “nines,” gravestones, gouls, monsters, witches flying around the front yard. I was so glad that they moved, the street was backed up in both directions, hundreds and hundreds of people all over the neighborhood, noisy, trash littered the streets.

6) While Halloween is most popular in the United States and Canada, and isn't really celebrated at all in Japan or South Korea. How would you explain our Halloween customs to a visitor from another land?
Easy… $$$$$ for the candy makers

7) "Monster Mash" is one of Halloween's most played songs. Are you happy to hear it every year? Or does it set your teeth on edge?
I used to own a 45 of it and it drove my brother nuts, he took it away from me and hid it. Hmm… I think I will post it on his Facebook page.

8) This week's featured artist, Bobby "Boris" Pickett, started as a stand-up comedian who incorporated his imitations of Boris Karlof and Bela Lugosi into his act. Can you impersonate anyone?
Naw.

9) Dick Clark was an impossibly young looking 33 in this week's featured clip. Are you often told you look good for your age?
Oh yes, everyone thinks I’m in my fifties; I owe it all to hormones.

Stacy, Zippi, The Gal Herself, and Country Dew I can't post using my Google Account for some reason. I have asked Google forum if there is a problem

7 comments:

  1. I had trouble posting last week from my iPhone on my google account. I thought it was because I am new at using the phone.

    You definitely should post that song to your brother's FB. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, there is definitely something going on with google. One of their problems is too darn many “portals” and hyper connectivity, I think. Plus they are a big target. Hope you get answers!
    Loved these answers and yes, many $$$$$$ for candy makers. 👎🏻 Merchandising rules in the greening of America! Your brother hiding your record is truly funny!
    Well, hope you get these comments from everyone! 🤞🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. #7 -- you're an evil sister, aren't you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I may have the 45 too now that you mention it.
    I was commenting on another blog and my comment disappeared. I had to start over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #7 made me chuckle! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like we're all enjoying your answer to #7!

    The only scary movie I remember seeing was ...was it "House of Wax"? It was with Vincent Price. As I general rule I don't like scary movies (the one that made me jump the most was "Sixth Sense" and that had no monsters at all!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answer to #6!

    ReplyDelete