Thursday, October 19, 2017

Day 3 At Fantasia Fair

I started of the day at lunch, I chose having lunch at Tin Pan Alley where we had a choice of meals and I picked the toasted cheese and tomato soup. The soup was excellent, the toasted cheese left a little to be desired… come on, one thin slice a cheese?

Each day at the fair we have a choice of three places to eat lunch, the Post Office, Tin Pan Alley, and the Crown and Anchor; I believe that I chose the Crown & Anchor for today’s lunch.

After lunch was the keynote address. When I read the bio of the speaker I wasn’t impressed but listening to her talk I was impressed. She talked about her transitioned while working as a firefighter and one of the things that she mentioned was that she was a conservative before she transitioned but after seeing the discrimination not only against us but also against other minorities she became a believer in affirmative action.

After her talk I went to the The Signs of Suicide Amongst the Trans/GNC Community workshop and I picked up some things I didn’t know about but most of it I know from grad school and also other trainings that I attended in the past. The workshop was given by two volunteers from the Trans Lifeline which is a suicide hotline for transgender people.

I skipped the Fashion Show, after seeing it four or five times it becomes “old hat” after a while.

Long Point Lighthouse at Sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment