Saturday, September 30, 2017

Saturday 9: Little Woman

Saturday 9: Little Woman (1969)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
I’ve been away for the last couple of weekends… but I’m back now for awhile.




Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song contains many weather references (clouds, rainbows, sunshine, rain). How's the sky where you are today?
Showers for today, I’m going to be at a clambake this afternoon and I’m hoping that the rain ends by then.

2) Bobby Sherman sings that when he's alone, he imagines his "Little Woman" is right there beside him. Do you often daydream?
Oh yes, very often. Especially when I am read, imagine being the heroine.

3) Bobby had a very bright smile. Do you ever use whiteners on your teeth?
Nope.

4) He was beloved for his shiny hair. If we were to peek in your bathroom, how many haircare products would we find?
It depends, none if you don’t include wigs because I’m as bald as a cue ball.

5) After high school, Bobby attended Pierce, a community college in the west San Fernando Valley. For culinary students, Pierce offers courses in canning -- specifically apples and peaches. If we were to peek into your pantry, would we find canned fruits?
This depend also if you mean canned by me. I buy canned fruits at the local orchard.

6) As an actor, one of Bobby's earliest performances was on the TV show Honey West. That series revolved around a female "private eye" adept at martial arts. Do you have any self-defense moves (that don't involve a weapon)?
Yes, run as fast as my two feet can carry me.

7) In 1966, Bobby did this rather energetic commercial for milk. Do you often enjoy a glass of milk?
Yes especially before I go to bed, I have a small glass of chocolate milk.

8) When his show business career waned, he became a paramedic. Have you ever called 911?
Yes three times. Once when I thought I was having a heart attack, once when I thought a friend suicidal and once when my father was trying to open a bottle of Tabasco sauce and got some in his eye.

9) Random Question: Which book do you think you could learn more from -- The Joy of Sex or The Joy of Cooking?
In my life right now it would be the Joy of Cooking.

7 comments:

  1. I am terribly jealous of your clambake plans! I've always wanted to go to one. Love me some seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your clambake isn't rained out. I haven't been to a real clambake in years. I have been to a "bean hole" bean supper recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you are going to have everyone who is not from New England wondering what is a "Bean Hole"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAbzuN6kbdw

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't had rain in weeks. They say maybe Wednesday of next week there is like a 30% chance of a shower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to a clambake. I hope you have a good time. (No clue what a bean hole is!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Running away is a very good idea! Some expert, long ago, said to carry some five dollar bills in a pocket with some singles, and just throw that all up in the air as you ran for the nearest store or lighted house.

    That bean casserole sounds good. I have two dutch ovens but have make bread and cooked chickens in them, but not beans. Mostly I don't like vegetables or fruit in tin cans, with the exception of some beans.

    ReplyDelete