Saturday, May 13, 2017

Saturday 9 Mama Can't Buy You Love

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9 Mama Can't Buy You Love (1979)



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
I'm up at the cottage in New Hampshire for a work weekend getting the cottage ready to sell. ;(

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This week's artist, Elton John, was made an Office of Arts and Letters -- one of France's highest honors for people who have contributed significantly to the arts. What's the most recent compliment you received?
On my nail polish

2) In 2013, Elton had to cancel an international concert tour because he had an appendectomy. Do you still have your appendix?
Appendix… doesn’t that come at the end of a term paper?

JK, yes I still have my appendix while I had a close call with diverticulitis that they first thought it was appendicitis.

3) In 1979, Elton John was the first Western rock star to tour the Soviet Union. Would you like to visit Russia?
NO! They will lock me up and beat the daylights out of me then throw me in a concentration camp. They don't like LGBT people there.

4) Elton and his mother hadn't spoken in years but he reached out to her and healed their beach in honor of her 90th birthday in 2015. Who is the oldest person you know?
I take it that you mean that I know personally… that would be my cousin Bob.

5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming?
It is very green it has been raining heavily all spring.

6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?
No one. Since I didn’t send out Christmas cards this year because I didn’t realize Christmas was so close.

7) Sam's mother is very careful when she unwraps presents because she likes to save money by to reusing wrapping paper and gift bags. Tell us one way that you economize.
I don’t buy gifts… no gifts means no wrapping paper and bows.

8) Mother Winters used to scold Crazy Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she still leaves dirty dishes in the sink. How about you? Is your sink or dishwasher empty?
Full. Living alone I run the dish once a week and let the dish back up in the sink but they are stacked nicely in the sink and they are all rinsed off.

9) RANDOM QUESTION: What size mattress do you sleep on -- twin, full, queen or king?
None of the above, mine is even bigger! It is a California King which is a little long than a regular king by about four inches.



Last week I mentioned I was trying to find a solution to an Excel problem, well I found it...




5 comments:

  1. #7 -- But how do you economize? I bet you have some little tips to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a new dishwasher a few years ago to match the refrigerator that I had just bought. The dishwasher is so bad that we just wash everything by hand after we are done using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you figured out the work around for excel. Great job! 👍
    I've quit sending cards at Christmas except to far flung family ones, for whom I make cards.
    Putin's Russia is a pit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know they made a mattress bigger than a king. I am learning all kinds of things today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the Excel workaround!

    I'm sad you're selling the cabin in NH. I hope you had good weather this weekend.

    ReplyDelete