Saturday, April 29, 2017

Saturday 9: I Won't Last a Day without You

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: I Won't Last a Day without You (1972)



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

But this Saturday I am at our Transgender Lives: The Intersection of Health and Law Conferencethat we have been planning all year and we are expecting 200 plus attendees. This week was a very crazy with all the last minutes details and problems that crop up so I don’t know if I will be able to get to reading all of your blogs.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song makes reference to rainbows. Have you seen one lately?
Yes, a big double rainbow and it was in a perfect location to see it. I only wish that I had my camera with me.

2) When Sam heard this song, it occurred to her that she wouldn't last a day without a game of online Yahtzee. What little commonplace pleasure reliably brightens your day?
Being with friends.

3) Richard Carpenter was emphatic that his group's name was "Carpenters," NO "the." Whenever he hears the group referred to as "The Carpenters," it gets on his nerves. What little commonplace annoyance reliably sets you off?
Right now people who don't open their email and email you asking a question that was answered in the email.

4) Karen Carpenter said she drank iced tea all day long. What beverage do you think you'll have with your next meal?
Ice tea, I made a pitcher of sun tea yesterday. I use a blend of black tea and peach tea, for a quart I use 4 black teabags and 2 peach teabags.

5) "I Won't Last a Day without You" was written by Oscar-winning composer Paul Williams. He also tried his hand at acting, most notably appearing with Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit. Back in the 1970s, the three movies in the Smokey series were very popular. Have you seen any of them?
I saw the first one on TV and didn’t see the rest of them.

6) This song was recorded in 1973 by Diana Ross. Now in her 70s, Miss Ross is still going strong with a busy calendar of appearances in 2017. What's your favorite Diana Ross song?
Two of them come to mind, “Stop in the Name of Love” and “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough

7) In 1972, the year this song was popular, the United States and the United Kingdom joined forces and launched the Copernicus satellite. Today it's remembered for the discovery of long-period pulsars. Crazy Sam got bored writing this question. Do you enjoy reading about science?
Yes I am always reading science article online.

8) Before Michael Phelps, Mark Spitz was American's premier Olympic swimmer. In 1972 he won seven Gold Medals. After making millions in endorsements and TV appearances, he settled into a career as a realtor in Los Angeles. Are you contemplating a change in residence any time soon? If you move, will you be consulting a realtor?
Nope, I’m a homebody. Except for college I lived almost all my life herein town. But maybe next year I going to look for a summer place up on the Outer Cape Cod and yes I will consult a realtor, my brother.

9) Random question: Which of these is completely, 100% UNTRUE of you -- boring, lazy or stupid?
Stupid, I am boring and lazy.

6 comments:

  1. That conference sounds exciting!

    Sounds like we have a Saturday 9er who takes her iced tea seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the conference goes smoothly. All that effort means it's bound to pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the last question for sure (and fwiw, I concur with your answer about yourself not being stupid).

    I work for someone like your email answer. OMG, dude, ANSWER YOUR EMAIL!! gah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think of your blog as boring. I find it very knowing and informative. (I do read many of your other entries.) I am thinking I need a summer place. My husband insistence on mowing the lawn has already worn thin. I have horrible allergies and want to go somewhere I can breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to dig for my favorite Diana Ross song, and find one where the recording sounded clear.

    Thank you for all that you do for Human Rights. I admire you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That double rainbow thing is something that would happen to me too! :)

    ReplyDelete