Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday 9: Love Yourself

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Love Yourself (2015)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Justin sings that he doesn't like to admit he's wrong. When did you most recently cop to a mistake?
I never make a mistake!
But when I do I do owe up to it and then move on.

2) He also complains that his girl doesn't like his friends. Who is someone that you've met recently and liked?
I usually like everyone until they prove me wrong.

3) Justin first performed this song live on The Ellen Degeneres Show. Who is your favorite talk show host?
Um… I don’t know because I don’t watch any talk shows.

4) Young Mr. Bieber recently had his credit card rejected ... at a Subway Sandwich Shop. Think about your last trip to a fast food restaurant. Did you pay with cash or plastic or your phone?
Hmm… I’m trying to remember the last time I went to a fast food restaurant. Does coffee count? I went to DD last Wednesday before I went to the health clinic where I volunteer and I paid in cash.

Even though we're featuring a lack-of-love song, this is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday.

5) In Victorian England, it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine. Have you ever received an anonymous card from a secret admirer?
Back in grammar school.

6) Retailers report that approximately 3% of pet owners buy Valentines for their furry friends. Have you ever purchased a gift for a pet on a special occasion?
Nope… I just can’t see buying a pet a gift; it is not like that they are cognizant of the special occasion.

7) It was once believed that if a maiden ate a heavy meal before bed on February 13, her dreams that night would reveal the identity of the man she would eventually marry. Do you find that eating too close to bedtime disrupts your sleep?
You mean like the cold piece of pizza I ate just before bed and that gave me indigestion all night?

8) The postmaster in Verona, Italy, reports that Shakespeare's Juliet Capulet still receives love letters. Without looking it up, can you give us a quote from Romeo and Juliet?
Nope. That was an easy question to answer.

9) Necco's Sweethearts -- those little candy hearts that say things like "Be Mine" -- are Valentine Day's top-selling confection. Sam never could stand eating these candies. Do you like them?
They are poison! I don’t eat and sugary candies anymore and I never liked them as an adult.

6 comments:

  1. Damn that darn pizza anyway!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunkin' Donuts definitely counts! That's my most recent fast food, too, my daily coffee! (iced coffee because I'm a crazy Mainer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your second answer also.
    I used to give little tea parties for my pets when I was small. Now they get a toy or a treat. It makes me happy.
    #7... lol! Yes, just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last time I went to DD they told me that "black" meant that it came with cream. HUH???? I had to argue with the clerk that in California "black" meant without anything else in it! (I have since been told by my Boston daughter that the clerk was wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DD counts, yep. Good answers!

    ReplyDelete