Wednesday, February 01, 2017

I Saw An Up Tick.

Right after the election I saw an increase in the number of question that I received on the CTAC phone line and at the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective  but they have now drop off now.
Transgender Americans rush to change IDs for Trump era
CNN
By Emanuella Grinberg and Dani Stewart
January 31, 2017

East Point, Georgia (CNN)On a recent Friday morning, Cazembe Jackson donned a sharp blue suit and green paisley tie and made his way to Atlanta's Midtown US passport office.

It was a day he had long been waiting for, one he thought might never come. He took a number and sat with friends who were there for the same reason.

It was not only his first time applying for a passport. It would be the first time a government employee identified him as a man, calling him "Mr. Jackson," and made it official on a document.

The 36-year-old social justice organizer began to identify as a transgender man two years ago. At the time, he lived in Tennessee, which requires a court order or physician's statement certifying that "necessary medical procedures" had been completed to change gender on a state-issued identification. Similarly, his new home state of Georgia requires proof of gender reassignment surgery to change gender on a state-issued identification.
I except for my birth certificate I changed all of my documentations years ago and I did my birth certificate this past fall. And really if you have transitioned you should change your paperwork now while you still can because you never know when Trump with issue one of his famous Executive Orders.

You can find all the links to the forms and instructions for Connecticut residents at the CTAC website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment