Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This beloved carol takes its lyrics from a French poem. What else can we thank the French for?
Champagne and Roquefort cheese
2) How well do you know "O, Holy Night?" Without looking up the lyrics, could you sing along with Ella?
I can’t sing or to put it another way, you don’t want me to sing.
3) In order to get this record into stores in time for Christmas 1967, Ella had to record this in late July. So let's reverse that. Now that it's Christmastime, what do you miss most about summer?
Jumping into a lake.
4) Sam is crazy about the open toed pumps she'll be wearing to holiday parties, but that means she needs to get a pedi. Will you be at a salon between now and year-end?
5) Will you be consuming any egg nog this holiday season? And if you do, will it be spiked?
No. do you know how many carbs are in eggnog?
6) Thinking of holiday cuisine, what's your favorite Christmas cookie?
My grandmother on my father’s side made used to make Angel Wings and my grandmother on my mother’s side used to make Poppy Seed Rolls and Nut Rolls ( Potica ) while not really cookies they are more like sweet breads. I loved them and I never got her recipes for them, the closest I got to her recipes are on my website here.
7) Sam knows she will get a bottle of red wine from her boss, because that's what he gives his staff every year. Is there a gift you can count on receiving?
Nope, when my mother was alive I could count on getting a shirt.
8) What one gift would you most like to receive this year? Do you think anyone will get it for you?
We usually have a Yankee Swap at Christmas.
- Participants bring one wrapped gift (typically within a predetermined price range) and places the gift in a pile/central location.
- Participants draw numbers to determine the order in which they go.
- The person who drew #1 goes first and must open a gift from the pile.
- After taking your turn you must keep your gift out where other players can see it.
- When it’s your turn if you touch a wrapped gift you have to open it.
9) This time of year is big for charitable fundraising. Here's your chance to plug a cause or organization that's near and dear to you.
True Colors, a sexual minority youth and family Service agency.