Friday, November 25, 2016

When Someone Asks Me How Long I’ve Been Trans…

...I tell them all my life. One of my first forages in to the trans community was when I bought Caroline (Tula) Cossey book “My Story,” I felt so guilty buying the book. I felt like when I walked up to counter that all types of alarms would be going off with a big neon arrow pointing down saying “TRANSSEXUAL” flashing on and off. But you know what, nothing happened. And when she was in Playboy I felt the same thing would happen.

Well Caroline Cossey is back in the news,
Transgender Bond Girl Caroline Cossey breaks her silence: I hid for 25 years but I'm back holding my head high
The model and actress was known to millions as Bond girl Tula, for working on a TV gameshow and was in demand as a model when it was revealed she'd been born a man
Mirror
By Vikki White
19 NOV 2016
As a Bond girl and a pin-up known to millions as Tula, Caroline Cossey oozed glamour and had a glittering life in front of her.

She was working on a TV gameshow and was in international demand as a model.

That all changed when an undercover sting callously revealed to the world that she was born a boy.

It was the early 1980s and she became the world’s most famous transgender woman – choosing to tell her remarkable story in the Sunday Mirror.

But life in Britain was to become too much after she was mocked by cruel sections of the press, attacked by a male fan and pounced on by a “lynch mob” bombarding her with personal questions.

Fleeing the UK, she became a virtual recluse and swapped A-list parties – and Playboy photoshoots – for anonymity.

But now she is back in the limelight, buoyed by the rise of transgender women in the public eye. And in her first British interview for almost three decades, the ex-model from Norfolk again turns to the Sunday Mirror to tell her story.

She says: “In the 1980s, being transgender was like a death sentence – it still can be in certain countries.
She is now 62, only a couple of years younger than me and she is coming out again to be an advocate for the trans community.
So what of the future? Smiling broadly, she adds: “I’ve got a bucket list. There are some nice offers on the table and I’ve sold the movie rights to my life.

"It will be interesting to see who plays me...”
I will be looking forward to the movie and this time I won’t be sneaking in to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment