Saturday, November 05, 2016

Saturday 9: Hold It Against Me

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Hold It Against Me (2011)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Britney Spears addresses this song to a dance partner when she hears her favorite song. What song always makes you want to get up and dance?
Well, since I am not a dancing person, there is not a song that gets me dancing.

2) She sings that she needs a vacation. How about you? If you could escape anywhere for an affordable three-day weekend, where would you go?
To the cottage in New Hampshire, where I’m heading for in about two hours

3) Britney shows off her dance moves in this video. Her coordination shouldn't be surprising, since she was already an accomplished gymnast in grade school. If we asked you to turn a somersault right now, could you do it?
Nope, not without EMTs waiting by to take me to the hospital when I break my neck.

4) Britney's first and only feature film was Crossroads, written by Shonda Rhimes. Ms. Rhimes is famous for writing popular TV series including Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, The Catch and How to Get Away with Murder. Have you watched any Shonda Rhimes shows?
I never even heard of him let alone watch any of his shows.

5) Britney admits to smoking and biting her nails. Do you share either of these bad habits?
Nope and nope. I stopped biting my nails when I found a correlation between colds and nail biting.

6) Britney prefers Margherita pizza to thin slice or deep dish pizza. What's your pizza preference?
Pepper, onion, and sausage.

7) In 2011, when this song was popular, Prince William's wedding to Kate Middleton was big news. Are you a royal watcher?
Nope.

8) Apple co-founder Steve Jobs died in 2011. Do you have a Mac, and iPad or an iPhone?
Well I have an Apple II+ from the late 70s.


9)  Random question: Which friend annoys you more, the one who interrupts you all the time, or the one who is never on time?
Well I can’t say one who is late all the time because that’s me so I will have to say one who interrupts you all the time and I’ll add one who doesn’t shut up.



As I mentioned I am heading off for New Hampshire this morning to close up the cottage this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. That Apple II+ is fascinating!

    Is it bittersweet to be closing up the cottage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time in New Hampshire.

    I agree with you that nail biting probably brings on illness. It is the one reason I would like to break the habit, but I seem to be such a nervous person that it isn't happening. It also has worn down the enamel on one tooth. Nothing I've tried stops me from biting them, though. And I have tried everything I've ever read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pizza toppings sound so delicious!

    I hope you have a good weekend at the camp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted one of those Apple II's but could only afford the Commodore 64 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be so lovely to get away. Good for you.
    You Apple II still working? My daughter uses an Mac at work for all her graphic work.

    ReplyDelete