Saturday, June 11, 2016

Saturday 9: I Dream of Jeannie Theme

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: I Dream of Jeannie Theme (1965)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun...

... Because Harriet requested it. If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) Jeannie was memorably discovered on the beach in an ornate bottle. Have you ever brought a souvenir home from the beach? (It doesn't have to be a genie. A shell or a stone will do.)
I brought home many shells when I was little.

2) Major Anthony Nelson, the man who released Jeannie from her bottle, was an astronaut. When you were a kid, did you dream of being an astronaut when you grew up?
Yes of course. I a way I did help the space program, where I worked we made fuel level sensors for the Titan IV.

3) Upon discovering Jeannie, Major Nelson's first wish was that she could speak/understand English so they could communicate. If you found a genie, what would your first wish be?
For a thousand wishes.

4) Major Nelson's best friend was fellow astronaut Major Healey. Where did you meet your best friend?
In second grade.

5) This theme song was written by Hugo Montenegro, who is better known for the music he wrote for a pair of Clint Eastwood movies (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and A Fistful of Dollars). Do you have a favorite Clint Eastwood movie?
Heartbreak Ridge

6) The last episode of the series was titled, "My Master, The Chili King." What ingredients make up your favorite chili recipe? 

Diana’s Chili 
1 LB. Lean ground beef or beef cubes
1/2 LB. Salt Pork
1 Large Green Pepper
1 Large Onion
16 oz Can Red kidney beans
16 oz Can Pinto beans
2 - 16 oz Can Tomato sauce
2 TBS Cumin
2 TBS Chili power
2 TBS Minced garlic
1 Cups Water ( Option - Beer )
Tabasco sauce - To taste

7) Jeannie was played by Barbara Eden, who was born in Tuscon, Arizona. Summer in Tuscon can get very hot, with the mercury often reaching 100º. What's your favorite season?
The fall, in second place is spring.


8) Anthony Nelson was played by Larry Hagman, who went on to play the villainous JR on the popular Dallas. Can you think of anything else Dallas is known for?
The Cowboys, not that I watch football.

9) In the autumn of 1965, just weeks after I Dream of Jeannie premiered, St. Louis' famous Gateway Arch was completed. An estimated 4 million tourists visit the Arch every year. Do you have any summer vacation plans?
I’m heading up to the cottage in New Hampshire whenever I can.


3 comments:

  1. This would be the perfect weekend to head to that cottage if you lived here. We are in line for some killer heat over the next week.
    That was a good movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having a rainy weekend--hope the cottage is nicer than here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but I was surprised that you had a chili recipe. Maybe because I think of your as a photographer, not a chef.

    All you have to do is click on the Mister Linky icon and the form appears. I think that would be easier than pasting your link in the comments.

    ReplyDelete