Saturday, February 27, 2016

Saturday 9: The Times of Your Life

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: The Times of Your Life (1976)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is all about memories. How far back can you remember? What's your earliest memory?
Playing army in the ash pits of a local power station.

2) The first line is "Good morning, yesterday." What do you remember about yesterday morning?
Over sleeping and rush to get to my endo appointment.

3) This song was originally a 60-second jingle, featured in a commercial for Kodak film. Do you ever use film? Or are all your pictures digital?
Okay, what do you think? I doubt anyone uses film that much anymore. Do the drug stores still process film?

4) Who took the most recent photo of you?
I am usually behind the camera, I think the last picture of me was taken when the UConn SSW Alumni Board was dissolved.

5) This week's featured artist, Paul Anka, was born in Canada and enjoyed appearing in a made-for-TV Perry Mason movie with fellow Canadian, Raymond Burr. Do you enjoy courtroom dramas?
I like cops programs better, besides the British shows I like Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes, and NCIS. I don’t like the spinoffs just the original.

6) At 15, Anka won a supermarket contest by collecting the most Campbell soup can wrappers. The prize was a trip to New York. Do you enter contests and sweepstakes? Play the lottery? 
I play Powerball only when the payoff gets out of sight.

7) This year Paul Anka performed throughout Florida (Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Clearwater and Fort Myers). The Sunshine State is a popular vacation destination. Do you have a favorite spot in Florida?
I haven’t been to Florida since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

8) In 1976, the year this song was on the charts, an earthquake hit China. Have you ever experienced an earthquake?
No. But I would like to be in a small one, just one that you can feel the earth move under my feet and go WOW!
Here is a little known fact about me, where I worked before I retired we used to make electrical equipment that had to survive an earthquake so we had to shake test equipment the size of a large van, if you want to see something amazing you should see one of those tests. To see something that size move 2 feet back and forth, up and down, and side to side all at the same time 50 time a second; it is impressive!

9) Random question: Do you know CPR?
I used to be certified for CPR and AED when I was working.

7 comments:

  1. The film question is an interesting one, because apparently enough people still use it that O'Hare has signs posted all over as you go through security, warning about damage to (I think) 400+ film. Yet I see so few cameras anymore, what with iPhones, that I wonder who these film users are.

    I think it's cool that you know both CPR and AED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of the boats! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always take such beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just Googled it and found out that indeed, Walgreens still sells and develops film. Who knew right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mother would disagree with you about using film. However, she is the only one I know that uses it
    come read my answers at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful photo.

    As you now know, film is still being processed and sold. I may get some because my 35 mm is my favorite camera, but then, I don't have a Canon Mark5. Dang!

    ReplyDelete