Tuesday, February 02, 2016

About The Same Odds…

…Of getting hit by lighting. That are the odds of dating when you are trans, especially if you stand out from the crowd.
Jazz Jennings Opens Up About the Challenges of Dating as a Trans Teen
"For the most part boys aren't really accepting of me because I am transgender..."
Seventeen
By Hannah Orenstein
February 1, 2016

Dating in high school is awkward no matter who you are, but for trans activist Jazz Jennings, those difficulties are magnified.
[…]
"For the most part boys aren't really accepting of me because I am transgender and therefore, not many guys have crushes on me at my school," Jazz explained. "They think if they like me they will be called gay by their friends because they like another 'boy.'"

But Jazz isn't too worried about dating.

"I just go with the flow and see what happens," she said. "If boys like me and I like them back then yeah, it will happen."
I think that if a trans women can blend into the crowd the odds of finding a date of either sex is a lot easier but if you don’t then I think the odds of finding someone who loves you are a lot are a lot less.

A Jazz says if you are attracted to men the men don’t want to be labeled “gay” by their friends and many gay men don’t want to date a trans woman because they would be seen as no longer being gay or if you surgery they don’t want to date you at all. The same is true if you are attracted to women. Even some bisexuals do not want to date you because of the stigma of being with a trans woman.

It is a rare person who sees you as you and doesn’t care what others think.But people do get hit by lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment