Saturday, October 03, 2015

Saturday 9: Straight Up

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Straight Up (1988)

Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Paula sings about being in a dream. Did you dream last night?
I did but I can never remember my dreams for more than a few minutes after I wakeup.

2) When Paula enrolled at California State University, she planned on studying broadcasting and becoming a reporter.  Think about your career aspirations when you were 19. Did you follow through and stay on track or, like Paula, did you veer off and find success elsewhere?
I stayed on track, I always wanted to work in electronics and I did up until I retired.

3) For a while she was a "Laker Girl" and performed at L.A. Laker games. Do you have a favorite NBA team?
Nope. I don’t follow any sports teams.

4) Paula was once married to Brad Beckerman of Stillhouse Spirits, a company that specializes in whiskey. What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?
Chardonnay, I not into whiskeys. My favorite drink was at first rum and coke, then when I couldn’t have any caffeine I started drinking Cape Coders and now it is white wines.

5) Paula has been dancing since age 8 and, as you can see from the video, Paula moves very well in heels. Tell us about your most comfy shoes.
Sneakers. I live in sneakers, but during the summer I do wear some comfy sandals a lot.

6) Paula admits it was her passion for jewelry and that inspired her to design her own line for QVC and Avon. What is your favorite thing to go shopping for? 
Groceries! Food…

7) She advises young girls to "keep the faith and don't lose your gut instinct." How about you? Are you more logical or instinctive?
Logical, it’s my engineering background.

8) In May, Paula traveled to Austria for The Life Ball, a fundraiser to help those afflicted with HIV/AIDS. When is the last time you left the country?
Wow, it was so long ago that I can’t even remember.

9) Paula Abdul is a spokeswoman for Avon's "Go Check Yourself" campaign for breast health awareness. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Do you know anyone who has been touched by this disease?
It doesn’t run in the family (but that doesn’t mean I don’t get checked), however it has touched my neighbors.

6 comments:

  1. Love your shopping answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i would have liked to go into engineering and electronics. i was discouraged from going along that path though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you got to hang onto your career path. Sweet!
    I'm starting to think about white wine. If it's supposed to help your heart, how can it hurt it? Doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rum and Coke is too sweet for me. I remember drinking it when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you went into electronics. Yay! It is always best to do what your heart tells you, even if, like us, you're logical thinker. Well, maybe not always . . .

    ReplyDelete