Friday, October 23, 2015

Fantasia Fair Day 5 – Do Nothing Day

Yesterday I didn't do anything. I just went to the keynote address by Marisa Richmond an activist from Tennessee. She talked about the state of Tennessee trans politics, the speech was titled “The Lost Speech” because of a mix up back in 2002 she never got to give the speech so she did yesterday. The only other thing that I did was to have a group photo taken at the Pilgrim memorial.

It is nice to goof off because there is a lot of walking at FanFair. Walking from the motel (the Boatslip) to where I picked to have lunch, yesterday it was the Crown & Anchor and at least yesterday it was the same place where they have the keynote (which is open to the general public) and then back to the motel. The workshops are also at the Boatslip and so is registration, since that is where I am staying it makes it nice with no walking.

Last night, tonight, and tomorrow night we have to get our own meals, the other nights the meals are included in the price of the conference. Lunches are also included in the price of the fair at either Bayside Betsy’s, the Post Office, or at the Crown & Anchor.

So last night I had supper with some friends at Bayside Betsy’s and while we were walking down there we met someone just arriving for the fair and it was her first time so we invited her to dinner with us. It turns out that she was checking out FanFair for her company a trans travel agency which I wrote about back in August 2014, Transgender Vacations when they were having a 10 day boat trip up the Elbe River.

So what is on the agenda for today? I photo shoot of Race Point Lighthouse which will be a two mile walk (I have to think I’m a little crazy to be doing it), I am giving my workshop again in the afternoon and then a night the Follies.

No comments:

Post a Comment