Monday, October 19, 2015

Fantasia Fair – Day 1

It’s snowing!

I wasn’t prepared for that, when we got up to around Truro I started noticing that there was white flakes hitting the windshield… no that couldn’t be snow, it is 45 out. But it was, there were passing snow showers. The sun will be out and then there was a passing snow shower.

I took a friend up with me; he had a scholarship and needed a ride up since he lives north of Hartford I took the Mass Pike and I-495 to the Cape. It is a little long but it is supposed to be faster however I hit traffic and it stretched out the drive so I probably go home through Providence RI.

I got up here around 3:30 and I checked in and registered for the fair at the Boatslip which is also the fair headquarters. I then took my friend over to where he is staying and I went back went back to the motel with the thought of taking a nap… Wrong! It turned out the T Dance was being held down on the pool deck and I could hear the bass booming three floors up.

Later it was our turn, the reception was held there so all I had to do was walk down the stairs. I met many of old acquaintances from previous fairs which is one of the main reasons that I attend the fair and another reason is to take photographs. Most of the workshops do not interest me but the keynote speakers after lunch has a number of interesting speakers that I want to attend.
Looking out of my motel room at the town pier with the snow squalls in the background.

I am also giving two workshops, “Effective Lobbying” which I think is important here in Massachusetts with their effort to add public accommodation to their non-discrimination law. The other workshop is a panel discussion on “Effectively Representing the Trans Community” with Dallas Denny and Miqqi.

Also my cell phone will not turn on and the nearest Verizon Wireless store is down in Hyannis so 30 miles away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment