Tuesday, July 07, 2015

I Have Been Away

I was up to friends house for Friday and Saturday and then I went up to the cottage for Sunday and Monday so I hadn’t had time to write my blog… mea culpa, mea culpa.

Nikon D3200: f/3.5, 25 sec., ISO 3200,
EV +3.3, 18mm, Apertures preferred
One of the things that I am working on is night photography. There are to problems that I am trying to solve, the first if focusing. Shooting the sky at night you have to manually focus the camera but the problem is you cannot see the stars through the view finder and also the lens focuses beyond infinity. The infinity setting is not at the lens stop because of the auto focus. And the other problem is noise, setting the ISO up to 3200 generates a lot of noise. So this is the best so far. I took this at 10:50 PM, you can still see the sun glow an hour after sunset.

And this morning I am just writing the quick blog post because I have a ten o’clock appointment with a police officer. She is the LGBT Liaison Officer for the city of Hartford and she wanted to meet some of the “leader” of the trans community. I don’t think I qualify but I thought it would be good to meet with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment