Saturday, June 06, 2015

Saturday 9: You're No Good

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: You're No Good (1974)
Every Saturday I take time off from written on serious topics to have some fun…

... because Harriet suggested Linda Ronstadt

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's featured artist, Linda Ronstadt, turns 69 next month. Will you be celebrating any family/friend birthdays this summer?
Yes, the first birthday this summer will be my grandniece on July 4th

2) Linda sings that she's learned her lesson and it's left a scar. Tell us how you got one of your scars. 
I have one on my forehead from a curtain rod, my brother and I were sword fighting.

3) This song is about a lover who is, obviously, no good. Let's be more positive. Who is the nicest person you know?
A friend, she is taking people under her wing.

4) Linda says that she grew up on Mexican music, which was sung by her entire family. Do you speak any Spanish?
Nope, I have a hard enough time with English.

5) She toured often throughout her career and is quoted as saying, "they haven't invented a word for that loneliness that everybody goes through on the road." Are you missing someone right now?
Yes, it seems we are growing more distant lately.

6) Ms. Ronstadt was once involved with George Lucas of Star Wars fame. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
Wookie, he is a man of many words.

7) In 1974, when this song was a hit, The Magic 8 Ball was still a top-seller at toy stores. It retailed for just $1.99, and promised that all you had to do was gaze at it, concentrate, and wait to learn your fate ... "if you dare!" If you could get an answer to one question about the future, what would you ask?
Will I find my true love?

8)1974 is the year when Mikhail Baryshnikov defected to the United States. Have you ever been to the ballet? 
Nope, and I never intend to go.

9) Random question: What's your shoe size?
Size 11.

7 comments:

  1. Did your brother escape the sword fight unscathed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he had the reach and five years on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a sword fight with a curtain rod is a grand way to get a scar. That is what siblings are good for, scars and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curtain rod swords remind me of some silly stuff my sisters and I used to do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curtain rods? We use to pull those wooden sticks out the bottom of the window shades and use those.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How the imagination leaves it's mark....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a very honorable scar then! Wookies are winning so far. hehe

    ReplyDelete