Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pride!

Friends keep asking me to join them in going to the NYC’s and Boston’s Pride Parades to march, well I don’t go for two reasons. The first is the marching; I am so badly out of shape that I would have a hard time walking that distance let along walking back. And the other reason is I don’t like big cities, I like open spaces.

I like the Northampton Pride because it is small and I usually stop by the uniTy table for awhile to help staff it. While sitting there I usually see a lot of people that I know and we catch up on what happened since last year. The same is true for the Hartford Pride (When they have it that is. There will be a Hartford Pride this September, but I not sure where they will hold it.) and I usually hang out at a group’s table.

That is what I did yesterday down at Norwalk’s Pride, as I wandered around the Pride I met a number of people I knew and I stopped to chat, when I spied the tent for PFLAG of Hartford two friend waved me over and pulled out a chair. We talked for awhile and as I was getting ready to leave a couple of women stopped by, it turned out one was involved with one of the organization that sponsored the Pride, and she was a case worker. I went with her to their table and got so literature from her, listed of trans friendly therapist and endos from the Norwalk area… a gold mine of information.

Hartford is going to have a Pride rally on June 26 from 5 to 7 at the Old State House and the Pride Festival will be in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment